Förslag och idéer om förbättring!
Användarvisningsbild
turtle
Medlem
Reaktioner:
Dat: 22 december 2018

#1 Hjälp med en mer informativ trådstart

Oläst inlägg av turtle » 07 jan 2020, 22:42

Ja nu har jag redan skapat alla trådar jag kan angående djur, men ibland har man inte bra information från början men får det senare. Jag har nu en hel bunt med citat som jag vill posta, men jag vägrar göra det på sida 9 i tråden om moral, alltså denna tråd.

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=398

Att öppna ny tråd med citaten skapar samma samtal, men TS skulle vara mycket mer informativ och väcka tankar hos folk. Om jag postar dem på sida 9 kommer ingen läsa dem känner jag. Vissa av citaten ligger redan på sida 2, men det går ju radera så att dem får plats i TS tänker jag. Detta är för mig ett mycket viktigt ämne, och en bra TS räddar liv utan tvekan. Människorna kan dö men låt oss rädda djuren snälla, hjälp mig, vad ska jag göra?

Kan admin kanske lägga in citaten i tråden så dem hamnar som TS?

Jag lägger in citaten här så ni kan jämföra och förstå att den nya TS är mycket bättre än skiten jag själv skrev i gamla TS. Rädda djuren admin, snälla hjälp.

Användarvisningsbild
turtle
Medlem
Reaktioner:

#2 Hjälp med en mer informativ trådstart

Oläst inlägg av turtle » 07 jan 2020, 22:43

“I wish everyone felt the emergency of what is happening to animals around the world. Animals in factory farms, elephants forced to perform at circuses, whales being hunted in the southern oceans. I have been on the front lines, I’ve been with the animals in their suffering. This is an emergency. The pain we are inflicting is enormous and unfathomable. Any small step you can take to decrease animal suffering is significant. Encourage everyone you know to do the same.” — Jo-Anne McArthur

"To a man whose mind is free there is something even more intolerable in the sufferings of animals than in the sufferings of man. For with the latter it is at least admitted that suffering is evil and that the man who causes it is a criminal. But thousands of animals are uselessly butchered every day without a shadow of remorse. If any man were to refer to it, he would be thought ridiculous. And that is the unpardonable crime." ~Romain Rolland

"I think there will come a time, and this is down the road a great many years, when civilized people will look back in horror on our generation and the ones that have preceded it: the idea that we should eat other living things running around on four legs, that we should raise them just for the purpose of killing them! The people of the future will say, 'meat-eaters' in disgust and regard us in the same way that we regard cannibals and cannibalism" ~Dennis Weaver

"Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends" ~George Bernard Shaw

"We all love animals. Why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" ~K.D. Lang

"Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: “Because the animals are like us.” Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: “Because the animals are not like us.” Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction." ~Charles R. Magel

"A human can be healthy without killing animals for food. Therefore if he eats meat he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral" ~Leo Tolstoy

"With veganism you give nothing up. You just stop taking that which is not yours."
— 
Jamison Scala

“All sentient beings should have at least one right—the right not to be treated as property”
— Gary L. Francione

"People eat meat and think they will become strong as an ox, forgetting that the ox eats grass."
Pino Caruso

"Plants are harvested. Animals are killed. Euphemisms don’t change reality."
Colleen Patrick-Goudreau

"Those who describe animals as not having any thoughts or feelings come closer to that description than the animals they are trying to describe."
Edward Alberola

"Vegetarianism serves as the criterion by which we know that the pursuit of moral perfection on the part of humanity is genuine and sincere ... If he be really and seriously seeking to live a good life, the first thing from which he will abstain will always be the use of animal food, because ... its use is simply immoral, as it involves the performance of an act which is contrary to the moral feeling -- Killing" ~Leo Tolstoy

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages" ~Thomas Edison

"As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields." ~Leo Tolstoy

"For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love" ~Pythagoras

“We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.” - William Ralph Ing

Användarvisningsbild
turtle
Medlem
Reaktioner:

#3 Hjälp med en mer informativ trådstart

Oläst inlägg av turtle » 07 jan 2020, 22:45

"I brainwashed youngsters into doing wrong. I want to say sorry to children everywhere for selling out to people who make millions by murdering other living creatures."
-Geoffrey Guiliano, (Actor who played Ronald McDonald in the 1980s.)

“When you “go vegan”, you are basically waving your middle finger with an exclamation point saying “fuck you” to a billion dollar industry responsible for the torture and murder of billions of animals and the sickness and death of billions of human beings.”
— Dominick Thompson

“It shouldn’t be the consumer’s responsibility to figure out what’s cruel and what’s kind, what’s environmentally destructive and what’s sustainable. Cruel and destructive food products should be illegal. We don’t need the option of buying children’s toys made with lead paint, or aerosols with chlorofluorocarbons, or medicines with unlabeled side effects. And we don’t need the option of buying factory-farmed animals.” - Jonathan Safran Foer

"Recognize meat for what it really is: the antibiotic- and pesticide-laden corpse of a tortured animal" ~Ingrid Newkirk

“If possessing a higher degree of intelligence does not entitle one human to use another for his or her own ends, how can it entitle humans to exploit non-humans?” - Peter Signer

"Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the victims he intends to eat until he eats them" ~Samuel Butler

"While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth?" ~George Bernard Shaw

"Truely man is the king of beasts, for his brutality exceeds theirs. We live by the death of others: we are burial places! I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men" ~Leonardo da Vinci

“All the arguments to prove man’s superiority can not shatter this hard fact: In suffering, the animals are our equals.” - Peter Signer

“In fact, if one person is unkind to an animal it is considered to be cruelty, but where a lot of people are unkind to animals, especially in the name of commerce, the cruelty is condoned and, once large sums of money are at stake, will be defended to the last by otherwise intelligent people.” - Ruth Harisson

“Until we have the courage to recognize cruelty for what it is–whether its victim is human or animal–we cannot expect things to be much better in this world…” - Rachel Carson

"Intellectually, human beings and animals may be different, but it's pretty obvious that animals have a rich emotional life and that they feel joy and pain. It's easy to forget the connection between a hamburger and the cow it came from. But I forced myself to acknowledge the fact that every time I ate a hamburger, a cow had ceased to breathe and moo and walk around. There are viable (and usually better) alternatives to the use of animals for food, sport, clothing, & experimentation. I beg you to discontinue any actions that might cause or condone animal torture, abuse, or destruction" ~Moby

"People think of animals as if they were vegetables, and that is not right. We have to change the way people think about animals. I encourage the Tibetan people and all people to move toward a vegetarian diet that doesn't cause suffering" ~The Dalai Lama

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. To my mind, the life of a lamb is no less precious than that of a human being. I should be unwilling to take the life of a lamb for the sake of the human body" ~Mahatma Ghandi

"To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to nirvana" ~Gautama Buddha

Användarvisningsbild
turtle
Medlem
Reaktioner:

#4 Hjälp med en mer informativ trådstart

Oläst inlägg av turtle » 07 jan 2020, 22:46

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet" ~Albert Einstein

"I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals" ~Henry David Thoreau

"A man of my spiritual intensity does not eat corpses" ~George Bernard Shaw

"I venture to maintain that there are multitudes to whom the necessity of discharging the duties of a butcher would be so inexpressibly painful and revolting, that if they could obtain a flesh diet on no other condition, they would relinquish it forever" ~W.E.H. Lecky

"You have just dined, and however scrupulously the slaughterhouse is concealed in the graceful distance of miles, there is complicity" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I think if you want to eat more meat you should kill it yourself and eat it raw so that you are not blinded by the hypocrisy of having it processed for you" ~Margi Clark

"As soon as I realized that I didn't need meat to survive or to be in good health, I began to see how forlorn it all is. If only we had a different mentality about the drama of the cowboy and the range and all the rest of it. It's a very romantic notion, an entrenched part of American culture, but I've seen, for example, pigs waiting to be slaughtered, and their hysteria and panic was something I shall never forget" ~Cloris Leachman

“Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits. Yet he is lord of all the animals.” - George Orwell, Animal Farm

"It is only by softening and disguising dead flesh by culinary preparation that it is rendered susceptible of mastication or digestion, and that the sight of its bloody juices and raw horror does not excite intolerable loathing and disgust" ~Percy Shelley

"If a group of beings from another planet were to land on Earth -- beings who considered themselves as superior to you as you feel yourself to be to other animals -- would you concede them the rights over you that you assume over other animals?" ~George Bernard Shaw

Användarvisningsbild
turtle
Medlem
Reaktioner:

#5 Hjälp med en mer informativ trådstart

Oläst inlägg av turtle » 07 jan 2020, 22:47

“At the moment our human world is based on the suffering and destruction of millions of non-humans. To perceive this and to do something to change it in personal and public ways is to undergo a change of perception akin to a religious conversion. Nothing can ever be seen in quite the same way again because once you have admitted the terror and pain of other species you will, unless you resist conversion, be always aware of the endless permutations of suffering that support our society.” - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

“Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.”

A veteran USDA meat inspector from Texas describes what he has seen: "Cattle dragged and choked... knocking 'em four, five, ten times. Every now and then when they're stunned they come back to life, and they're up there agonizing. They're supposed to be re-stunned but sometimes they aren't and they'll go through the skinning process alive. I've worked in four large [slaughterhouses] and a bunch of small ones. They're all the same. If people were to see this, they'd probably feel really bad about it. But in a packing house everybody gets so used to it that it doesn't mean anything." ~Slaughterhouse 1997

"The question is not, "Can they reason?" nor, "Can they talk?" but rather, "Can they suffer?" ~-Jeremy Bentham

“To examine whether something is 'humane' first determine whether you would want it done to you.”
-Andrea Kladar

“I have been inside slaughterhouses and can tell you that the animals are not willingly walking up to the end of the kill line and sticking their necks out. These animals fight with every bit of strength they have left at the end of that kill line. They don’t want to die, They see, and they know exactly what’s going to happen to them. There is absolutely no truth that any process of slaughtering is humane. it is the most inhumane treatment that I have ever witnessed.” - Cayce Mell

❝Realizing that animals suffered far more than human beings in the quantity and quality of their pain, suffering, and death, I shifted from human rights to animal rights activism. Whereas most human beings have at least some rights, no animals have the most basic right to life and bodily integrity. When I studied the impact of meat production on world hunger and the environment, I realized that by helping the animals I would also be helping humans in the most productive way possible. I saw animal rights as the most radical, complete, and holistic form of activism.❞
-Dr Steve Best: Animal Activist, Philosopher, Writer

“I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter…the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God,” I said, “this is terrible! Why don’t you do something?” God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. I have done something,“ He replied. "I created you.” - Jim Wills

“If I am to be a voice for animals, then how should I speak? Am I to whisper, when they are screaming in pain? Am I to be calm, when they tremble in fear? Am I to shout for mercy, as their throats are being slit? Tell me how I need to speak, for you to grant them their freedom.” - Davegan Raza

“The most brutal virus on planet earth is called Speciesism. It can make people rape, torture and kill without any guilt or remorse. They will actually look at you with a proud smile and say it’s natural we have been doing it for a long time.” - Jamison Scala

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything."
Albert Einstein

Användarvisningsbild
turtle
Medlem
Reaktioner:

#6 Hjälp med en mer informativ trådstart

Oläst inlägg av turtle » 07 jan 2020, 22:53

“Meat-eaters: have claws
Herbivores: no claws
Humans: no claws
Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
Herbivores: perspire through skin pores
Humans: perspire through skin pores
Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits
Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits
Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains”

— Based on a chart by A.D. Andrews, Fit Food for Men, (Chicago: American Hygiene Society, 1970)

Plutarch wrote:
“A human body in no way resembles those that were born for ravenousness; it hath no hawk’s bill, no sharp talon, no roughness of teeth, no such strength of stomach or heat of digestion, as can be sufficient to convert or alter such heavy and fleshy fare. But if you will contend that you were born to an inclination to such food as you have now a mind to eat, do you then yourself kill what you would eat. But do it yourself, without the help of a chopping-knife, mallet or axe, as wolves, bears, and lions do, who kill and eat at once. Rend an ox with thy teeth, worry a hog with thy mouth, tear a lamb or a hare in pieces, and fall on and eat it alive as they do. But if thou had rather stay until what thou eat is to become dead, and if thou art loath to force a soul out of its body, why then dost thou against nature eat an animate thing? There is nobody that is willing to eat even a lifeless and a dead thing even as it is; so they boil it, and roast it, and alter it by fire and medicines, as it were, changing and quenching the slaughtered gore with thousands of sweet sauces, that the palate being thereby deceived may admit of such uncouth fare.”

Plutarch wrote:
“Can you really ask what reason Pythagoras had for abstaining from flesh? For my part I rather wonder both by what accident and in what state of soul or mind the first man did so, touched his mouth to gore and brought his lips to the flesh of a dead creature, he who set forth tables of dead, stale bodies and ventured to call food and nourishment the parts that had a little before bellowed and cried, moved and lived. How could his eyes endure the slaughter when throats were slit and hides flayed and limbs torn from limb? How could his nose endure the stench? How was it that the pollution did not turn away his taste, which made contact with the sores of others and sucked juices and serums from mortal wounds? … It is certainly not lions and wolves that we eat out of self-defense; on the contrary, we ignore these and slaughter harmless, tame creatures without stings or teeth to harm us, creatures that, I swear, Nature appears to have produced for the sake of their beauty and grace. But nothing abashed us, not the flower-like tinting of the flesh, not the persuasiveness of the harmonious voice, not the cleanliness of their habits or the unusual intelligence that may be found in the poor wretches. No, for the sake of a little flesh we deprive them of sun, of light, of the duration of life to which they are entitled by birth and being.”

Användarvisningsbild
turtle
Medlem
Reaktioner:

#7 Hjälp med en mer informativ trådstart

Oläst inlägg av turtle » 07 jan 2020, 23:05

Och till sist några dokumentärer.

Forks over knives.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrWb7wZ7MlU

Cowspiracy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0LPSWtfGnQ

What the health.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AL4EX53gFY

Dominion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQRAfJyEsko

Earthlings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlTQ8xV3uv8

Vegucated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrWx_e1wuZQ

Land of hope and glory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvtVkNofcq8

I den här tråden diskuterar vi det moraliska med köttätande och djurmördande, om ni vill diskutera hälsa gå till följande tråd.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=650

så kan ni svara mig varför ni ätter kött? Varför är det ok att mörda levande varelser när vi inte måste? Över 70,000 ätbara växter i världen, men du vill bita i nått med nervsystem och känslor likt dina egna? Slaveri och massmord, för att?????

(EDIT:detta inlägg ska så klart hamna sist, annars ligger allt i bra ordning tror jag.)
Senast redigerad av 1 turtle, redigerad totalt 7 gånger.

Användarvisningsbild
turtle
Medlem
Reaktioner:

#8 Hjälp med en mer informativ trådstart

Oläst inlägg av turtle » 07 jan 2020, 23:26

Ja denna ts väcker väll helt andra tankar och känslor än vad den gamla gör eller? Så hur kan vi lösa det problemet?

(edit; jag hitta lite till som hör hemma.)

Användarvisningsbild
turtle
Medlem
Reaktioner:

#9 Hjälp med en mer informativ trådstart

Oläst inlägg av turtle » 07 jan 2020, 23:38

www.easyvegetarian.net/theawfultruth.html

THE AWFUL TRUTH

Most people don't want to think about where meat comes from. Notice how it's a taboo subject. From early childhood, we've been brainwashed by our society to go into an unconscious trance about 'meat' and what it actually is. We don't talk about that.

The taboo of talking about 'meat'

People don't sit down to dinner and start discussing the circumstances of the life and the death of the animal they are about to eat. That would be considered offensive - why? Why is it considered offensive or inappropriate to talk about the facts of what it is that is being eaten? Why do the majority of people not want to know, hear, see or even talk about it? Why is it that this is about the only subject that parents and teachers don't teach their children? If children do ask adults or start questioning the subject they are usually given some abrupt answers to shut them up and move onto a 'nicer' subject. How many schools take their children on an excursion to the abattoir? How many children get to go to a battery hen farm or a factory pig farm? These places are out of bounds to the general public. Not only that, we never see images of them on TV or in magazines. These places are secret. We are not allowed to go there. Why not? What is it we are not supposed to see and why?
We grow up in an unconscious daze about meat, blindly supporting suffering we are not even aware of. It's unfortunately true that some people reach adulthood and don't even know that in Australia most eggs come from battery cage hens, or that around 90% of pigs in Australia exist in factory farms, spending long periods of time in either farrowing crates or sow stalls - small metal and concrete pens where they are unable to move, or that cows milk is not a natural food for humans - it's for baby cows who are stolen from their mothers and deprived of her milk so humans can drink it instead.
But animals for meat are slaughtered humanely?

Användarvisningsbild
turtle
Medlem
Reaktioner:

#10 Hjälp med en mer informativ trådstart

Oläst inlägg av turtle » 07 jan 2020, 23:39

Humane Slaughterhouse

Many people hold on to a fantasy that animals killed for meat are killed humanely. Animals at slaughterhouses know what is happening to them. They can smell, hear and feel the fear, terror, violence and death around them. Although there are technologies used to help minimise the terror and agony during slaughter, because of the numbers being killed, the techniques do not always work as they should and sometimes animals can be butchered or boiled (in the case of pigs and chickens) while still conscious. Tragically, for billions of factory farmed animals each year, the day of slaughter may be the best day of their life, as it will end the endless torment of their physically and psychologically horrendous existence they have endured in factory farms.
Because of the vast numbers of animals killed every day it is impossible for them to be given painless deaths. The U.S. Department of Agriculture documented humane slaughter violations at one processing plant, where inspectors found hogs who “were walking and squealing after being stunned [with a stun gun] as many as four times.” Because of improper stunning methods and extremely fast line speeds, many pigs are still alive when they are dumped into scalding-hot hair-removal tanks—they literally drown in scalding-hot water. This can happen in slaughterhouses in any country.
The concept of humane slaughter is used to keep people in ignorance and an excuse used by individuals to stay in denial about the reality of the pain, fear, and terror experienced by animals in slaughterhouses. Many people cling to this belief so they can continue eating meat without feeling that they are the cause of any suffering. Ask yourself, if someone wanted to kill you but promised they'd do it humanely, would you say, "Sure that's OK, go right ahead"? Every sentient being will fight to the end for their life.
What two former beef farmers have to say about 'Humane Slaughter'

Two American men who spent much of their lives as beef farmers have seen and experienced farm animal 'production', transportation and slaughtering first hand.
Harold Brown is a former beef farmer and his work involved driving cattle, performing castrations, dehorning and butchering farm animals. He also worked in the dairy industry for three years. What he has to say now, "I have often heard the word 'humane' used in relation to meat, dairy, eggs, and other products like cosmetics. I have always found this curious, because my understanding is that humane means to act with kindness, tenderness, and mercy" and "So no, in my experience, there is no such thing as humane animal products, humane farming practices, humane transport, or humane slaughter."
Howard Lyman is a Former Montana cattle rancher. "My life experience has given me a better understanding of what is happening, and what a mistake it is to believe there is anything called humane" slaughter" and "I'm sure that it will take many years before the majority of humans learn as I have that actions, and not words, are the true proof of our understanding of the term humane." click to go to his website: The Mad Cowboy
For more information about the belief that animals can be killed humanely: Humane Myth

Användarvisningsbild
turtle
Medlem
Reaktioner:

#11 Hjälp med en mer informativ trådstart

Oläst inlägg av turtle » 07 jan 2020, 23:41

The reality

"Slaughterhouse", 1997 "Before they reach their end, the pigs get a shower, a real one. Water sprays from every angle to wash the farm off them. Then they begin to feel crowded. The pen narrows like a funnel´ the drivers behind urge the pigs forward, until one at a time they climb onto the moving ramp... Now they scream, never having been on such a ramp, smelling the smells they smell ahead. I do not want to over dramatize because you´ve read all this before. But it was a frightening experience, seeing their fear, seeing so many of them go by, it had to remind me of things no one wants to be reminded of anymore, all mobs, all death marches, all mass murders and executions ... " U.S meat inspector.
Quotes above from Brightside Farm website
Animal TV Shows what really happens to animals at factory farms and slaughterhouses

In Australia pigs and chickens are the animals most greatly exploited with the majority of these animals living in cramped, stinking conditions indoors in unnatural lighting, often unable to even move. Around 90% of pigs live out their lives in factory farms in horrendous conditions. View footage of how pigs live at Save Babe

Chickens

In Australian 2006/2007, 470 million chickens were slaughtered. To find out the reality of what actually happens to Australian chickens read the experience of an Animal Liberationist who worked undercover for three days in a chicken slaughterhouse in Victoria. Chicken Slaughter
Factory Farms

There are over 500 million animals confined like this in factory farms in Australia today. From the Animals Australia website: Despite having the same capacity to suffer, farmed animals such as pigs, sheep, cows and chickens are denied the protection of animal cruelty laws that protect dogs and cats. This means that it is legal to cause suffering to animals raised for food. This includes painful surgical mutilations (without pain relief) and in most cases intensive and unnatural overcrowding or confinement.
For more information about factory farming as well as animal transportation and slaughtering in Australia go to: Animals Australia or ALV or Inside a Queensland abattoir

The Suffering

Wayne Hsiung (an animal rights activist) describes watching a downed dairy cow’s last few moments.

"A friend of mine called and said that he had spotted a stalled transport truck with a downed dairy cow inside. I arrived to witness a grisly scene. The poor girl was collapsed on the ground inside the truck, in a 3-inch-deep cesspool of faeces and urine. You could see her wide, terrified eyes staring into nothingness, her entire body quivering ever so slightly. But she was making no sounds. The other cows had trampled her broken body; she had bloody wounds and bright red lesions that were clearly visible through the filth. Her udder was swollen to many times its normal size. We noticed a ghastly sliver of flesh on a gate mechanism above her. (It was later suggested to us that this might have been her tongue. Cows tend to lick the sides of the truck in search of moisture, but when it's a frozen mechanized gate, that desperate attempt can have tragic consequences.) Our poor friend died that day, on the filthy floor of a bloody transport truck. We witnessed her body go cold, and her eyes stop moving. Her entire life had been enslaved and twisted by violence and prejudice
Senast redigerad av 2 turtle, redigerad totalt 7 gång.

Användarvisningsbild
turtle
Medlem
Reaktioner:

#12 Hjälp med en mer informativ trådstart

Oläst inlägg av turtle » 07 jan 2020, 23:44

Quotes from Slaughterhouse Workers from Gail Eisnitz’s book 'Slaughterhouse'

“I seen them take those stunners – they’re about as long as a yard stick – and shove it up the hog’s ass… They do it with cows, too… And in their ears, their eyes, down their throat… They’ll be squealing and they’ll just shove it right down there.”

“Hogs get stressed out pretty easy. If you prod them too much they have heart attacks. If you get a hog in a chute that’s had the shit prodded out of him and has a heart attack or refuses to move, you take a meat hook and hook it into his bunghole [anus]. You’re dragging these hogs alive, and a lot of times the meat hook rips out of the bunghole. I’ve seen hams – thighs – completely ripped open. I’ve also seen intestines come out. If the hog collapses near the front of the chute, you shove the meat hook into his cheek and drag him forward.” “Or in their mouth. The roof of their mouth. And they’re still alive.”

“Pigs on the kill floor have come up and nuzzled me like a puppy. Two minutes later I had to kill them – beat them to death with a pipe.”

“These hogs get up to the scalding tank, hit the water and start screaming and kicking. Sometimes they thrash so much they kick water out of the tank… Sooner or later they drown. There’s a rotating arm that pushes them under, no chance for them to get out. I’m not sure if they burn to death before they drown, but it takes them a couple of minutes to stop thrashing.”

“Sometimes I grab it [a hog] by the ear and stick it right through the eye. I’m not just taking its eye out, I’ll go all the way to the hilt, right up through the brain, and wiggle the knife.”

“Only you don’t just kill it, you go in hard, push hard, blow the windpipe, make it drown in its own blood. Split its nose. A live hog would be running around the pit. It would just be looking up at me and I’d be sticking, and I would just take my knife and – cut its eye out while it was just standing there. And this hog would just scream.”

“I could tell you horror stories… about cattle getting their heads stuck under the gate guards and the only way you can get it out is to cut their heads off while they’re still alive.”

“He’ll kick them [hogs], fork them, use anything he can get his hands on. He’s already broken three pitchforks so far this year, just jabbing them. He doesn’t care if he hits its eyes, head, butt. He jabs them so hard he busts the wooden handles. And he clubs them over the back.”

“I’ve seen live animals shackled, hoisted, stuck, and skinned. Too many to count, too many to remember. It’s just a process that’s continually there. I’ve seen shackled beef looking around before they’ve been stuck. I’ve seen hogs [that are supposed to be lying down] on the bleeding conveyor get up after they’ve been stuck. I’ve seen hogs in the scalding tub trying to swim.”

“I seen guys take broomsticks and stick it up the cow’s behind, screwing them with a broom.”

“I’ve drug cows till their bones start breaking, while they were still alive. Bringing them around the corner and they get stuck up in the doorway, just pull them till their hide be ripped, till the blood just drip on the steel and concrete. Breaking their legs… And the cow be crying with its tongue stuck out. They pull him till his neck just pop.”

“One time I took my knife – it’s sharp enough – and I sliced off the end of a hog’s nose, just like a piece of bologna. The hog went crazy for a few seconds. Then it just sat there looking kind of stupid. So I took a handful of salt brine and ground it into his nose. Now that hog really went nuts, pushing its nose all over the place. I still had a bunch of salt in my hand – I was wearing a rubber glove – and I stuck the salt right up the hog’s ass. The poor hog didn’t know whether to shit or go blind.”

Meet You're Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeJfY5C ... e=emb_logo

Låst

Återgå till "Feedback om Friaordet"